Tuesday, September 11, 2018

THE GIFT AND JOY OF BEING AN ASSOCIATE


For the past 27 years I have had the gift and the joy of being an Associate of the Redemptoristine Sisters.  And even before I became an associate, I was coming to this monastery on Carmelite feast days in the late 1980’s.  And so both Orders of sisters have been my friends and spiritual support for many years.

The witness of all of the sisters in living a deeply committed contemplative life has been a major source of strength for me in my life as a contemplative in the world.

The fidelity of the Redemptoristine sisters in praying for my many intentions and needs of myself and my family gives me deep consolation.

The steadfastness of the sister’s presence to us together with the friendship with my sister associates is a source of strength and deep joy for me in the challenge to try to live the Gospel and be a Living Memorial of Christ the Redeemer in my daily life.

I feel deep gratitude to God, to each of the sisters and to my sister associates for this blessed association which has become such an integral part of my Christian life.


Peggy Mearns   9/9/18


No comments:

Post a Comment